This winter dish is one of my favorites. My mom makes it with steak and a salad and we are in heaven. Plus, with a healthy serving of garlic and onions, this powerhouse couple provides nutritional support for cancer prevention, detoxification, and helps lower cholesterol.
· 4 Cloves of garlic
· 3 small onions
· 2 pounds of russet potatoes (4 large potatoes)
· 1 small container of plum tomatoes
· 1 bunch rosemary
· 1 bunch thyme
· 1 bunch chives
· 1 block of parmigiano reggiano
· Sea salt
· Fresh ground pepper
1. First, add garlic and onions to food processor and pulse until finely chopped
2. Then, line medium to large sized casserole dish with layer of chopped garlic and onions
3. Then add thin layer of chopped plum tomatoes
4. Next, slice russet potatoes very thin with a mandoline or by hand. Add a layer of potatoes on next.
5. Next, add light layer of chopped rosemary, thyme and chives.
6. Lastly, grate thin layer of parmigiano reggiano
7. Repeat same sequence of layers until finished with ingredients or casserole dish is full.
8. Finish with a few cherry tomatoes on top and fresh herbs for presentation.
9. Add light layer of broth to casserole dish to add more flavor while cooking
10. Bake at 350 for 1 hour until crispy on top. Serve immediately.