Pomegranates are in peak season and they are one of my my favorite beauty foods, packed with antioxidants. This fresh dish uses varied tastes and textures, and it’s one of my Mom’s original recipes. I made it this Christmas at my sister in law’s house and it was a hit. This salad starts with crisp, peppery arugula, tart crunchy pomegranate seeds, and toasted pine nuts. Top with shaved parmigiano cheese, olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and flavor. Enjoy!
· 7 cups lightly packed arugula
· 1 pomegranate, seeds only
· ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano shaved
· 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
· 1 cup of olive oil
· 1 lemon freshly squeezed
· 1 pinch of celtic sea salt
· First make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt.
· Then toast the pine nuts in a small ceramic or non-stick skillet until lightly brown on each side.
· Lastly, toss arugula, pomegranate seeds, parmigiano cheese, pine nuts and dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!